The Long Dark Free Download for PC Full Version
The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster.
The Long Dark is brought to you by Hinterland Studio, an independent game developer comprised of industry veterans with significant credits on many renowned series including Far Cry, Red Faction, Saints Row, God of War, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age, Company of Heroes, and many others. The Long Dark is the team’s first attempt to create a unique and thought-provoking independent game that pushes the boundaries of the medium.
1. No hand holding! The game challenges players to think for themselves by providing the information but never the answers. You have to earn the right to survive.
2. Monitor your Calorie count, Hunger and Thirst, Fatigue, and Body Temperature. Maintain your overall Condition if you want to survive. Let yourself weaken and any small threat may take lead to your death.
3. Two sandbox regions provided more than 10 square kms of wilderness to explore (and with more regions coming!). Mystery Lake offers abundant hunting and exploration of points of interest like the Forestry Lookout, Trapper’s Homestead, and an abandoned Hydro Dam. Coastal Highway is populated with small town sites, a fishing village, and various hunting cabins in the hills. Watch out for thin ice!
4. Dynamic weather, wildlife, and time of day, all with an impact on how you choose to survive.
5. Over 100 gear items including clothing, tools like hatchets and rifles, first aid equipment, foodstuffs, light sources like lanterns and flares, and fire starting equipment.
6. Hunt Deer, Snare Rabbits, and watch for Crows as they can signify the presence of animal, or human, corpses that can be vital sources of Supplies. Wolves are territorial and will defend their territory, or stalk you if they catch your scent. If you let them get too close, you may find yourself in a desperate struggle to survive.
7. Harvest Wood for fuel, maintain your Gear and Clothing, and keep your Knife, Hatchet, and Rifle in top shape as they will save your life!
8. Deep First Aid system featuring many afflictions including: Sprains, Blood Loss, Infection Risk, Infection, Food Poisoning, and Dysentery.
9. Craft Snares, First Aid items, Repair your Clothing and Tools, and Harvest raw materials from the environment, as you do your best to become self-sufficient.
10. Permadeath! See how long you can survive, check your standing on the global Leaderboards, then head back in and push yourself to survive longer.
I bought The Long Dark sort of on a whim. I had some money left over during the Steam summer sale after I had bought all the games I had planned to buy. After looking at the screenshots and reading some reviews I decided to try the game.
I’ve played survival games before, but none really left an impact on me as I was playing and after I had “finished” like this game did.
I started the game clueless, on a hill looking over a few trailers. I figured out the mechanics pretty quick, and was instantly impressed by the art style. unfortunately, I only made it ~30 minutes before I died, but I learned from that first time.
This game is made in Unity (the same engine as angry birds 2), but looks absolutely stunning because of the fantastic art direction. Everything in the game looks like it belongs in a watercolor painting. It is one of my favorite games ever, visually, even including 8th generation games. At night, the landscape is bathed in darkness, and in the daytime it’s bright and vibrant. In the afternoon, the sky is bright red and orange, and looks magnificent. In blizzards, you can barely see 5 feet in front of you and looks and sounds menacing.
The sound design in this game is also amazing. Aside from the often foreboding ambient music, you’ll get used to only the desolate sounds of your own footsteps, aside from when you hear the growl of a wolf or the grunt of a bear.
The gameplay is very good, and fairly challenging. You have to make sure you have enough supplies to survive, which means venturing out, where you could be killed by wolves, bears, or the cold. You’re always making calculated risks, and if you make them well, you’ll survive, if not, you’ll end up as one of the frozen corpses you find in the snow. It’s also very slow and tense. When the sun was going to set in 3 hours and there were wolves all around me, but I was overburdened, tired, and cold, every footstep towards safety seemed to take an eternity. But then, that’s the point.
I personally never encountered any bugs or glitches, aside from some VERY small graphical glitches. My experience with this game overall was phenomenal, but unfortunately cut short by a bad decision(shooting a bear in the ,which is why I put “finished” in quotations).
Overall, this is a game I would highly recommend to just about anyone, unless you’re not a fan of planning and management. The quiet intensity and beauty of The Long Dark make it a very memorable and exciting experience to play. (just don’t shoot a bear in the, trust me)
Game Title ====> The Long Dark
Initial release date: September 22, 2014
Genre: Adventure, Indie, Simulation, Strategy, Early Access
Developer: Hinterland Studio Inc.
Publisher: Hinterland Studio Inc.
Platform: Microsoft Windows
The Long Dark characters have been developed. The The Long Dark gameplay is very easy to understand and to play frequently. Gameplay, trainer, cheats, and review can also be search out for more details. We have just provide system requirements, cheats and The Long Dark free download link for our visitors. Highly compressed the game is.
The Long Dark System Requirements are described in the content below. With these specifications, the game will run smoothly and graphics would be crystal clear. A machine (CPU) better than these specifications is most beneficiary.
- Processor : Core 2 Duo, INTEL CPU: Pentium IV, 1.4 GHz, AMD CPU: Guron 2.0 GHz
- Operating System : Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- VGA (Graphic Card) : 1 GB (Nvidia GPU: GeForce FX 5200, AMD GPU: Radeon Xpress 1200 Series)
- RAM : 4 GB or Higher
- DX : DirectX 9.0c
- Sound Card Compatibility : DirectX 9.0c
- Disc Drive : DVD-ROM at 8x Speed
- Free HDD Space : 1.0 GB or Higher
The Long Dark Cheats
The Long Dark PC game has cheats. In order to read The Long Dark cheats, just visit cheatbook database and download this cheatbook 2015. Also download Cheatbook 2014. This Cheatbook database contains cheats for other most popular video games for PC, Play stations, and other platforms.
- Download : The game in installer form
- Install : The .exe file
- Accept : The terms and conditions for smooth installation. Wait till complete installation
- Play : The game and have a FUN!
- Support : the web, which game you truly enjoy!
The Long Dark Free Download PC Game Full Version
The Long Dark Free Download links have been collected from different sources. If there is any problem in The Long Dark Free Download, please contact us. We need your feedback about The Long Dark Free Download in the comments below.